Wednesday 14 October 2015

October Glossy Box - I Missed Two Months, But I'm Back On A Good One

So I missed posting two months of Glossy Boxes on here, but I'm back with October's offerings. I even got this box through the post today, see how productive I'm being!

So, this month's box comes with five full-size products, which is rather lovely. Thus far this box seems to be pretty great.


First off is Talika's Photo-Hydra Day Moisturiser, which is worth £24.85 - which is about eight times more expensive than the Simple Moisturiser I typically use. The reasoning behind it's inclusion in the box is that Autumn is a rough season on the skin, which I agree with. So I'm excited to try this product. My only trepidation is that my skin is fairly oily, so I tend to buy moisturisers that are geared towards oily skin. Here's hoping this product doesn't horrifically break me out.


Next up is this little darling from Lanolips, Lemonaid Lip Aid. It retails at £8.99, again, more expensive than the lip balms I usually buy, but this does a little more. It is supposed to exfoliate as well as moisturise the lips. I'm wearing it currently and it feels light and nice on the lips. It also smells of actual home-made lemonade, which is great.


This is Play Paint by Jelly Pong Pong, which is a lip and cheek stain. It costs £8.95. It is advised that you only use a grain of rice sized amount, which I concur with - I had to seriously buff this out on the cheeks.


Regardless, I really like this product on the cheeks, it also provided a lovely, buildable colour on the lips. And, whilst I usually move towards burgundies in Autumn, I think I'm actually going to wear this a little bit.


Next is the Haute Light Highlighting Pencil from So Susan. Now I'm on board for any kind of highlighter. Highlighting is such an easy and natural way to enhance the face. I also don't really own a matte highlighter, so this product interests me.


Here is my placement of the highlighter. Now, it's not as creamy as a Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil, but it's by no means hard.



Here is the highlighter blended in. Blending it took a little work, and can only really be done with a finger, but I think it looks rather good. I also applied it to the waterline for good measure, which I really like the effect of, so I see myself mostly using this product for that purpose.


To finish is the Airbrush Blending Sponge by Nicka K, which sells for £6.50. Now, I already own the beauty sponge from Real Techniques, but from my cursory use of this sponge, I think I prefer it. The shape is more intuitive to the contours of the face and it have a denser make up than the Real Techniques Sponge, which I feel works better for applying products.

Overall, I really like the contents of this box. (The past two months were also pretty great). In my mind, I'm really glad I'm subscribed to this box. It's exciting to receive every month and I'm discovering some really nice products.

Next post I'll be talking about my make up set up, as I got a new desk yesterday, so I actually have a space dedicated to make up (and also one dedicated to work, but who cares about that...).


No comments:

Post a Comment