Tuesday 17 November 2015

November Glossy Box - The Autumn Box

This months box is all about Autumn beauty. Which is all about warm tones and slightly more dramatic makeup. Autumn beauty is my jam, so I was looking forward to this box.


Our first offering is Royal Apothic's Body Lotion. The full size is worth £14.50, but the box contains the travel size (which is still a good amount).


I haven't yet used this, as I tend to hate how any kind of body lotion feels on my skin. It's supposed to be used post-shower. Hopefully next time I shower I'll remember to try this out as the bitter cold of this time of year really is affecting my skin.


Next is Emite's Diamond Heart Primer. The full size retails at £25.90, but again, this is a travel size. This primer feels quite a bit heavier to apply than my usual Porefessional from Benefit, but once applied it feels fine. It's a little sticky, but this helps with the staying power of products applied on top of this. Overall I like this product, and have been reaching for it instead of Poreffesional.


These are Eylure's Natural Lashes which, of course, are full sized and retail at £5. I love Eylure lashes, so this was a lovely addition to the box. They are a great deal more natural than I typically buy, but that's really nice, as I feel I could wear these everyday without anyone noticing I'm wearing falsies.


This is Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry which sells for £7.99. I was able to choose the shade out of four options, so of course I went for the darkest one. The colour is gorgeous, but I'm not overly enamoured with the formula. I hate lipsticks that are supposed to be hydrating, as I feel they are just slip and sliding around on my lips (it doesn't help that my lips are very dry at the moment). To get a clean finish with this lipstick I have to apply it with a brush, which I sort of resent having to do. I'm still wearing this regularly, though, cos I love the colour.


To finish, we have MUA's Undressed Palette. Which has a lovely selection of neutral tones with some transition-into-night-time shades.


I'm a bit so-so about the formula of MUA eye shadows, especially their mattes. There is only one matte in this palette and its pigmentation is actually quite good. All the other shadows apply nicely as well. Overall, I quite like this palette.


From left to right, top row to bottom row, the shades are: Puff, Rose Ash, Fawn, Gild, Hazel, Lion, Bronze Ore, Burnished Brown, Tawny, Henna, Fuel, Cool Grey.


In this photo I used the Emite Primer as a base, followed by Mac's Studio Fix Powder Foundation, Sleek's contour kit and Revlon's cream blush in Coral Reef. I used Two Faced Shadow Insurance as a primer for my eyes, with Hazel in my crease, Gild and Henna on my lid, Puff in my inner corner and Fuel underneath my lower lashes and on my upper lash line. I'm wearing Loreal's Volume Million Lashes as my mascara along with the Eylure Natural Lashes. On my lips I'm wearing the Revlon Lipstick.

Bring on the December Box, which I hope is suitably festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment