Friday 1 August 2014

Water Colour Nails - For When You Feel Bad For All The Nail Polishes You're Not Using

 So I recently started using Pinterest, which is great, but also steals quite a bit of my time. I keep seeing cool nail things that instantly make me want to try something new. Discounting this one 'fish net manicure' that suggested using the netting from a loofah to give you cool nails and just didn't work - like I swear to God, I tried so hard and got nothing save a huge fucking headache - I've been loving trying all these new things. I can't tell you what picture in particular inspired this manicure, but using sponges on my nails has always worked well for me, so I was on board for these nails.
 Excuse my shitty, mismatched nails
 Here is everything you will need, different colour combinations such as blues and greens would also look awesome. From left to right: Rimmel Nail Nurse (as a base coat), No 7 Nail Colour in ME! ME! ME!, Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Rose Hip, Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Papaya, Topshop Nails in Listen To Me and Ciaté Speed Coat Pro for the top coat. Also a sponge, this is integral to the look.
Start with the base coat (duh), and wait for it to dry fully. Then do two coats of Papaya, waiting to dry between each coat. (The paint in my image has a weird texture because of the plastic, not the formula).
Now paint some of ME! ME! ME! on the sponge and blot off some of the excess paint.
Now pat the colour onto the nail, starting at one corner and blending it towards the middle. Wait for it to dry.
 Next do the same with Rose Hip, starting from a different corner and blending so there is plenty of overlap. Again, wait for it to dry.
Now pat Listen To Me in the centre of the nail, blending out a little, but less than the other colours. Wait to dry, longer than I did as I smudged the colours together a little (if you like how that looks, wait until it is no longer tacky, but would dent if you touched it).
Finish with a healthy dose top coat. Voilá.

No comments:

Post a Comment