Monday 28 July 2014

More Club Make Up - And My Poorly Made Life Decisions

 So, me and my friends planned a night out which happily coincided with my friend getting a job, so reason to celebrate. I did these lady's make up, as well as my own (obvs) and I think it all turned out rather cool looking. It's a shame the night did not end up cool for myself. Who knew that drinking a bottle and a half of wine in a short space of time was a poor idea? I was snug in bed before midnight, is all I'm saying about it. The other girlie's had a good time, though.
This is Megan, I've introduced her before - for her Prom make up - so you're familiar with my difficulties with her eyes. I feel I've got it down now, though. This look started with the hair. It's all about the hair. I used a teeny tiny (1/2 inch) curling tong and alternated the direction of the curls so they don't 'sit' in each other. I then got Megan to pull her fingers through the curls and rough it up a bit. Thus creating a fun and summery look. This was my inspiration for the make up.
 I primed the eyes using Two Faced Shadow Insurance. I then used a Mac 217 and an Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eye Shadow (it's three complementing colours in one pan) to buff and orange colour all over the lid and under the eyes. I used the middle shade to do this. I then patted the lightest colour in the centre of the lid and the darkest colour to faintly darken the outer corner and the upper and lower lash lines. I then used Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk on the waterline and inner corners. I used a shimmery white from Sleek in the inner corner and blended it slightly into the lid. I then finished with Bourjois Liquid Liner for a fine cat eye and Loreal Volume Million Lashes on curled lashes. For a Summery look I like a face to be highlighted and bronzed, so I used Topshop's Glow (a lovely golden, liquid highlighter) and Rimmel's Natural Bronzer in Sun Glow.

This is my lovely friend Jordan, who looks ever so hip in a hat. Jordan wanted something fairly simple for make up, but still eye catching. So I thought an extreme cat eye and a red lip would work, and it looks damn cool, if I do say so myself. For the lips I used No 7 Lip Pencil in Fire to line and fill in the lips. I then went over this with Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 01. I used a piece of toilet paper split open (as in it is always two pieces of thin paper stuck together to create a sheet) and Mac's Prep and Prime Finishing Powder to blot and mattify the lips.
 I used Maybelline Gel Eyeliner and the brush that comes with it to do the extreme cat eye. I first made a very fine line across the entire upper lid, extending the line quite a distance from the outer corner. I then thickened the line slightly starting with the other point, but keeping it fairly consistent across the lid. I did not want a '60s cat eye, I wanted something more modern, so I kept the line fairly straight from the outer corner and not too angular in the flick. I then lined under the lower lashes, leaving the waterline clean and I connected it with the upper line at both corners, creating a small point in the inner corner.
 For myself I just did a look I'm rather fond of, which, whilst extreme, I do adore. I used the Maybelline gel liner to outline and fill in the shape and then set it with Urban Decay eye shadow in Prank, from the Vice 2 Palette. I used Nyx pencil in Milk for the waterline. I used Eylure lashes in Dramatic 202. My skin routine is the same as detailed in previous posts (yeah, I'm lazy). For my lips I patted on some Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 20.
So this night was a messy one for me, but my make up looked fabulous, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment