Friday 26 August 2016

FOTD Graduation Makeup - For When I Wanted To Look My Absolute Best

Over a month ago, now, I graduated from University. The ceremony was wonderful, I got to celebrate the with all my favourite people and be incredible proud of my friends and myself. I never thought that the day would mean so much, but it did.

I knew that the photos from the day would be around for the rest of my life, so I figured it was probably a good idea to look the best I could. I had a gorgeous dress, picked out my favourite jewellery, carefully painted my nails and curled my hair into perfect old hollywood waves. All that was left was my makeup, and as a point of pride, it had to be on point.

I knew I wanted a pinup-esque look, with slightly-above-neutral eyes, winged liner, red lips and extravagant lashes. I was so anxious that the makeup would go wrong (we've all had many bad liner days), fortunately, everything went well and I felt somewhat blessed.


To begin with, I needed perfect skin, so I started with my usual primer, Benefit's Porefessional. I then used Mac's Mineralize Concealer in NC20 under my eyes, around my nose and everywhere where I had discolouration. I set this all with Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NW20 by Mac. I then contoured with Benefit's Hoola, used Nars' Super Orgasm for blush and highlighted with Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone.


For my brows I used Mac's Cork on the inner section and Inglot's 329 for the rest of the brow. For the eyes I started by priming with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I then used Mac's Cork in the crease, using Inglot's 329 to deepen the crease. I then used Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha on the lid, setting it with Illamasqua's Pure Pigment in Ore.





I then used So Susan's Haute Light Highlighting Pencil on my waterline and in the inner corner. I set the inner corner with Inglot's Body Pigment Powder in 180. Next I lined the lower lash line with Inglot's eyeshadow in 329. I then used Bourjois' Pinceau Liquid Liner for my winged liner, finishing with Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara and applying Huda Beauty's lashes in Sasha.


For my lips I initially created an outline just slightly bigger than my lips with Mac's Boldly Bare Lip Pencil, then applying Sleek's Matte Me Liquid Lipstick in Rioja Red. I finished by using Make Up For Ever's Mist and Fix Setting Spray to keep everything in place, it being a big day and all (and it worked, my makeup didn't budge all day).


And here's me with some Prosecco in my gown and cap looking really proud of myself. My nail polish is Barry M's Coconut Infused Nail Paint in Flamingo.


To close, this is me and my friends after throwing our caps in the air and laughing because we were very bad at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment