Thursday 4 August 2016

FOTD - Gay Pride Makeup

As Gay Pride is happening in Brighton this weekend I thought I'd share the look I wore to London Pride. I worked the morning of and the day after Pride, but I desperately wanted to go, as it would be my first ever Pride.

I had a wonderfully time and it felt so good to be surrounded by people in my community. One of my friends also went in drag and had so many people coming up to him to appreciate it, it was great.


I wanted to have really done skin, so I started with Benefits Porefessional as my Primer. I then used Mac's Mineralize Concealer under my eyes and around my nose and mouth. I used Mac's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation over the top of this. I contoured with Benefits Hoola and highlighted the tops of my cheek bones, my cupid's bow, my nose, my chin and my forehead with Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone - the more plastic looking the better. I then used Nars' Super Orgasm as my blush.


 I outlined my lips with Mac's Boldly Bare, slightly overdrawing them. I then used MUA's Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer in Serene as my lip colour. On my brows I used Mac's Cork on the inner section and Inglot's 329 for the rest of the brow, I then used No7's Lash and Brow Perfector to keep all the hair's in place.


For my eyes I started by priming my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I then used Cork in the crease, deepening it with Inglot's 329. I then drew a fine line under the lower lashed with 329. I then applied Lit's Glitter in Champagne Wishes on the lid, using Lit's Clearly Liquid Glitter Base. I then used So Susan's Haute Light Highlighting Pencil on my waterline and in the inner corner, setting this with Inglot's Body Pigment Powder in 180.


To finish, I drew a cat eye with Bourjois's Pinceau Liquid Liner, applied Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara and used both top and bottom false lashes, both from Eylure, setting everything with Make Up For Ever's Mist and Fix Spray.


To complete the look, wear excessive amounts of sparkly jewellery, completely curl your hair and wear a dusky pink, faux satin, slutty Prom dress. The handsome man with a purple glitter beard is optional, but recommended.

Happy Pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment