Wednesday 25 June 2014

Face of the Day - Make up for Partying

A few days ago it was the Birthday of my lovely friend Jade. We were going out clubbing - like the hip kids we are - so she asked me to do her make up. I'm quite happy with how this came out, as a glass of wine was drunk during the process.
Jade doesn't wear a huge amount of make up normally, so I created quite a neutral look.
On the face I used 123 Perfect Foundation in Light Vanilla by Bourjois. I then used Nyx Blush in Nutmeg to Contour and Sleek Blush By 3 Cream Blusher in Newport Peach on the cheeks. I ran some Mac Cork eye shadow through the brows and a smudged some Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 22 on the Lips.
 For the eyes I wanted the cat eye to be the main focus. Jade has round, large eyes, so I created a fine line with a longer flick to lengthen her eyes. Her eyes are also slightly hooded, so a thin line is needed, otherwise no eye shadow will be seen and horrible creasing will occur. For the shadows, I used Cork by Mac in the crease, with a dark brown by Inglot to deepen it. On the lid I used Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha and set it with Gates of Eden in the Sleek Garden of Eden Palette. In the inner corner I used Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. Over the entire lid and more concentrated on the inner corner I used Inglot Body Sparkles in 51. The liquid liner is by Bourjois. I used some false lashes that I cannot for the life of me remember where I got. They were wispy and longer at the outer corners, though.
 On my face I used the same foundation (we both had the same one, who knew?), I used Sleek Contouring and Blush Palette to contour (duh) and highlight, I used a blush from the same palette I used for Jade in the colour OC. I then smothered my face in Mac's Prep and Prime Translucent Finishing Powder, which I sometimes worry someone will mistake for drugs, because it is white powder. ANYWAY. Nothing on my lips because we were already late and alcohol dissolves the lipstick anyway.
(Also, if you look closely there's an adorable and lovable Pokemon perched behind me, much love for my Froakes).
 Cork by Mac and a Dark Brown shadow by Inglot in the crease and Inglot Body Sparkles in 71 on the lid. The glitter is Spock by Make Up Store. I used Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk on the water line and in the inner corners. I then pat some Inglot Body Sparkles in 51 in the inner corners. The liquid liner is the same as before, and again the lashes are miscellaneous, possibly Girls Aloud ones.

The night ended up being darn good despite me breaking a pair of shoes and losing one of another pair then at the end of the night after many hours in a club being asked to leave it for said bare feet. Lets not talk about what the floors of clubs are actually like. A Happy Birthday to the lovely Jade, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment