Saturday 14 June 2014

Mini Haul - AKA I Lack Self Control in the Face of Make Up

So I ran out of concealer, no big deal, just pop over to Boots and pick some up. HA HA HA HA. I can't just walk past a Barry M display. They constantly bring out new shades of nail polish and it just kills me because I want them all. This time around there was an offer that if one were to spend over £6 one could get a free limited edition polish, there were two colours, a blue and then one I bought - that stunning coral with a slight gold shimmer running through it. I mean, who could pass that up? Definitely not me, because there were also many other new gel polishes, I picked up a very pale pink and a pale olive. I rather like the gel formula, so bonuses all round (save for my poor overused purse).

And then I was buying things already so I bought two lipsticks from the Rimmel Kate Moss range, which, as my previous post shows, are some of my favourite lipsticks. I couldn't resist getting a darker shade, but I also wanted something more Summer-y. The texture of these is creamy and lovely.

Then to finish it off I bought a base coat from Rimmel that is supposed to look after the nails. I don't know if it's going to heal my much abused nails, but it did work as a really nice base coat.
 Can we talk about how cute the packaging is for all the special Barry M polishes?
From left to right: Olive, Rose Hip, Carouse! (Exclamation Mark is very much part of the name).
 Look at the gold shimmer in Carouse!, I've found my Summer shade.
 Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks in 16 and 30.
I feel like this shade is perfect for me. It's not even too dark for Summer - seriously, I feel odd wearing way dark lipsticks when the weather's this nice, knowing England it won't last much longer though.
 Nice even colour from one swipe, parfait!
 A lovely pinky coral, perfect for this weather and it'll look amazing with a tan.
 Being a pale colour it sinks into the cracks of my lips a little, but from a typical distance someone should stand from you it looks just fine, and if someone's getting up close and personal with your mouth that lipstick's not staying in place for much longer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment