Wednesday 4 June 2014

Photoshoot by the River - Beautiful Friends and Beautiful London

 Last week I had a couple of my friends over to do their make up and get some cool photos in our beautiful city. We went to Hungerford Bridge and the South Bank, also known as some of the most beautiful places in London. Waterloo Bridge is my personal favourite for views - you can see the Shard, St Paul's, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, the City - it's damn amazing and never ceases to astound me. However it tends to be busy and I didn't want to embarrass my friends too much, as it was they got quite a few funny looks. I'm not sorry, though, I got some damn good photos.
Hungerford Bridge is the next bridge along from Waterloo Bridge and has pretty good views itself. It is also near a brilliant Mexican restaurant - Wahaca if you're interested - which we went to after we were done. The South Bank is also lovely, and there are always book stalls there if you want to get books for cheap, or just want to browse and look very cultured while doing so.

 This is my friend Kimberly, she only dresses in monochrome, so for the make up I couldn't help but oblige. I wanted something vampiric and gothic, but also so very stylish - hence the rhinestones, I'm a sucker for rhinestones.
 I used a gel eye liner to draw the shape, a Black Glitter Eye Crayon by Barry M over the top as it has really chunky silver glitter in it, I then set that with a sparkly black eye shadow - Lovesick in the Vice 2 Palette by Urban Decay. In the centre of the lid I patted some Inglot Body Sparkles in 71, which is the most amazing glitter, it has a pinky-brown base colour with green and blue glitter. It is probably my favourite piece of make up. Because of the black base, only the blue and green come across, still hella pretty.
 I then put medium a sized rhinestone on the inner corner of each eye. The lashes are Eylure in LP6. For the lips I used a Rimmel lipstick in Starry-Eyed. I used a brush to blend the colour in the inside of the lips to give the feel of a red wine stain - or a just fed vampire.
 My friend Meiri is almost the opposite of Kim, loving colour and lots of it. It was typically raining on the day so she brought her incredible yellow umbrella. I couldn't help but utilise it.
Subtle was not a word within my register when I was creating this look. When I do colour I don't do half measures. I used the Ultra Matte V1 Palette by Sleek, which is everything you could want for a bright look. I used the yellow in the first third of the lid, the pink in the centre third, and the blue in the last third. I then used Nyx Glitter on the Go in the shades Cool Blue and Hot Yellow and a Stargazer Glitter Shaker in Pink over the top of their respective colours. For the crease I returned to the Sleek Palette, I used the purple for the entire crease and the blended a little orange into it on the outer edge and a little pale green on the inner edge. I used the yellow, pink and blue on the lower lash line to reflect the lid. I then finished with a shimmery white in the inner corners.
 To finish I created a wing with a liquid liner, I also did a thin line on the lower lash line. I uses Eylure lashes in 141. For the cheeks I blended the same pink from the eyes in an upward movement up the cheek. I used a Barry M lipstick in 52.
I was really happy with how these looks came out and I think both Kim and Meiri look amazing.
I thought I'd finish with my favourite photo from the bunch, pouts are all well and good, but you can't beat a smile, especially if it's caused by funny looks from strangers. All those poor tourists wondering who these two women who were being photographed were. We'll all be famous one day, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment