Thursday 10 July 2014

Burlesque Make up - The Film Not A Potential Career Path

 So Netflix, yo (I'm saying yo because I'm currently watching Breaking Bad, and that's also a direct result of Netflix, so, yeah). I have entered a wonderland of sub par romantic comedies that I can watch at one in the morning. It is pretty great, if not a little harmful to productivity. The point of this is that I watched the film Burlesque starring Christina Aguilera  and Cher and the runaway best part of the movie is the make up. And I'm not going to let you disagree with me, because you would be wrong. Not because the movie was bad, but because the make up is that good. It's sparkly and colourful and walking that line of not quite yet looking like a drag queen. That line is my line. I live that line.
I didn't really plan to do this, but I got inspired and decided to start playing with my make up and I ended up with this, which I'm fairly happy with. Ignore that I'm in my pyjamas.
 I started by filling my eyebrows in with a black eye shadow - I used an Inglot one and proceeded to use that one for the rest of the look. I made the line as fine as my brows allow and sharpened the edges by using a concealer. I wanted this to be fairly drag. I then took and angled brush and a black eye shadow and drew a line just above my crease and elegantly swept it out just beyond the end of my brows. I then used the same shadow to draw a wing and line around my entire eyes. Then I used Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean on waterline, setting it with shadow.
 Next was the lid where I had no choice but to use glitter, like, come on. I used my finger to apply a base of the pale pink shade in MUA's Glitter Eye Palette in Twilight - this stuff is super sticky and creases so use it with caution. I then set this with Stargazer's Glitter Shaker in Garnet which is all kinds of pretty. I then went over the black shadow with gel liner to give a cleaner line. This is when I created the point in the inner corner. I finished with healthy amounts of mascara and Eylure Dramatic Lashes in 202.
I used Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in Light Vanilla and Sleek's Contouring and Blush Palette in Light to contour and highlight. I used a smaller brush than usual to contour so as to give slightly sharper lines, especially round my nose, I then blended this a little with a larger brush - fine line of drag, yo. I then used Revlon's Photoready Cream Blush in Coral Reef on the cheeks. I set this all with Mac's Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder.
I over drew my lips, because who cares about subtlety? I used a No 7 Lip Pencil in Fire to entirely fill in my lips, which I then covered in Sleek's Pout Paint in Pin Up. To finish I put a reasonable amount of clear lip gloss on my hand, then using my finger to pat unto my lips, so the colour doesn't get smudged around by an applicator. And I was done. Cue taking many photos of myself at an inappropriately late hour to be awake. Finis.

No comments:

Post a Comment