Wednesday 16 July 2014

Cyborg Make Up - For When You Want Your Exterior to Reflect Your Cold, Hard Heart

So, this is my friend Zoe. She is stunning and I swear to God hew face is just a dream to put make up on. She's has lots of lid space for me to play with, plus full lips and great bone structure - she makes my job easy. So whenever I can get my hands on her face for make up purposes, I do. I always end up doing something extreme and a tad weird, because she's not going to go out with it and it's my time to have some fun.
This time around I did cyborg make up. I can't tell you why, probably something to do with my love of doing fake tears. Liquid metal tears seemed like a fun thing to do, so I built the look around that concept.
 For the face I used Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in Light Vanilla, I contoured and highlighted with Sleek's Contouring and Blush Palette in Light. For the brows I initially brushed some concealer through them to lighten the hairs, I then covered the brows in Collection Glam Crystals liner in Hustle. For the Lips I patted Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 01 in the centre and blended it towards the edges.
I used Urban Decay's Vice 2 Palette for the eyes. In the crease I used Rewind, which I then darkened with Lovesick. On the lid I used a base of Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk which I then pressed Shellshock over. I used Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean on the waterline which I set with a black eye shadow. I then used a Bourjois Liquid Liner to create a cat eye. The lashes are Fever Lashes, which can be bought at Smiffy's (which is where I got them).
 For the tears I used a small brush and Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 01. Using a lipstick gives a shinier texture than a shadow, it also has a more translucent consistency if blended enough which worked well for what I wanted. I wanted the red to be a bit like the flesh being burned away by the molten metal tears. I then used Shellshock - previously mentioned - over the red to create the molten tears. I then covered the tears with clear gloss to make them look more liquid-y.
 For the Metal Panel in her forehead used gel liner to outline the area I wanted, I then filled it in with Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, which I then set with Shellshock. I then used the gel to add more lines and some dots to look like bolts. I then used Collection Glam Crystals Liner in Dancing Queen for the red lines and Madness from the Vice 2 Palette for the blue lines.

I then proceeded to take a billion photos because Zoe kept pulling silly faces. To be fair to her though, I did just do this to her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment